Background

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

14 Days of Love--Day 6



A good friend of mine told me a story about the cliche I'm using today and I thought it was the sweetest thing.  She told her daughter when she was little, "I love you to pieces!"  One day, her young little sweetie asked, "Mama, why do you only love me two pieces?"  So now, their sentiment to each other has become, "I love you three pieces!"



I love habits like that with a story and a meaning--they make the heart smile the biggest.

Well, now it's my turn to tell my boy, "I love you to pieces!" and pair that sentiment along with another favorite yummy of his--Reese's Pieces.  (how many of you called--or maybe still call--them Reesie's Piecies?  who's with me?  it's just more fun, I think.)


The song today--oh, it's beautiful.  I adore the thought that love is a verb.  So often we get caught up in the idea that because we said I do and because we fell into relationship with someone, it'll always be that way.  But it's not--life is not accomplished without action; love is not accomplished without action.  Love requires work, service, dedication, loyalty, trust, honesty, sacrifice, compromise, communication--ACTION.  And all of those tid bits are expressed beautifully in the song, "Something That We Do."



do the work.  make your marriage a verb.

love, angie



No comments:

Post a Comment