Background

Friday, September 9, 2011

Words

Never underestimate the power of your words.  I have always been fascinated with them.  I love to read; I enjoy writing (hence the blog!); the power of communication is unreal.  In my quest through my love for language, I developed a true love for quotes--words put so eloquently that they needed to be isolated and repeated, salvaged and protected.

In high school, I began keeping a book of some of my favorite quotes.  I've sloughed off a bit on keeping up with writing them down, but my love has not decreased in the slightest.

My tattered treasure

Today, I just wanted to share a few of my favorites.

"I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself."  --Marlene Dietrich

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."  --Indian Proverb

"Live your life so that those who know you but don't know God will come to know God because they know you."

"Maturity begins to grow when you can sense your concern for others outweighing your concern for yourself."  --John Machaughton

"When you look for the good in others, you discover the best in yourself."  --Martin Walsh

"Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace.  And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace."

"God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the ONE person I can, and the wisdom to know it's me."

"If you don't have time to do it right, you must have time to do it twice."

"Laughter is an instant vacation."  --Milton Berle

"I know God won't give me more than I can handle.  I just wish he didn't trust me so much!"  --Mother Theresa

"A lack of planning on your end does not constitute an emergency on mine."

"Real love is always fated.  It has been arranged before time.  It is the most meticulously prepared of coincidences.  And fate, of course, is simply a secular term for the will of God, and coincidence, for His grace.

"No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world."  --Dead Poets' Society

Oh be careful little mouth what you say...which words speak to your heart?

love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment