Background

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 2

The meaning behind your Blog title

It's named after a song by Andrew Peterson.  I explained this a little in my very first blog post.  It's not "mine and Hunter's" song, nor one that we played at our wedding, etc.  But it has become one that I absolutely love.  

I'm all about lyrics.  Now, I need there to be a good beat and something that is catchy too.  But I really get captivated by the lyrics (it's back to that love of language thing...it's powerful, I tell ya).  Hunter's exactly the opposite.  Half of the time, he has no clue what the singer is saying!  Anyway, this song has some pretty powerful lyrics.  The song revolves around marriage and its difficulties--but also how a marriage is supposed to be worked on as a team, with your spouse and your Savior.  

I felt that this song captured what our life is about (plus it's pretty cool that we were the ages he mentions when we got engaged!).  We by no means have it made, and we have definitely had some struggles--and I know there are plenty more to come.  But this blog is about our journey...together.  We made promises to each other four years ago; promises that will not be easy to keep at all times, but as the song says, if it was easy, what would be the point of making the promise?  And we do choose to go dancing through the minefields that this world provides.

I cherish the day that we will be one of those sweet old couples still dancing together...



I was nineteen, you were twenty-one
The year we got engaged
Everyone said we were much too young
But we did it anyway

We bought our rings for forty each
From a pawn shop down the road
We made our vows and took the leap
Now fifteen years ago

We went dancing in the minefields
We went sailing in the storm
And it was harder than we dreamed
But I believe that's what the promise is for

"I do" are the two most famous last words
The beginning of the end
But to lose your life for another I've heard
Is a good place to begin

'Cause the only way to find your life
Is to lay your own life down
And I believe it's an easy price
For the life that we have found

And we're dancing in the minefields
We're sailing in the storm
This is harder than we dreamed
But I believe that's what the promise is for

So when I lose my way, find me
When I loose love's chains, bind me
At the end of all my faith, till the end of all my days
When I forget my name, remind me

'Cause we bear the light of the Son of Man
So there's nothing left to fear
So I'll walk with you in the shadowlands
Till the shadows disappear

'Cause he promised not to leave us
And his promises are true
So in the face of all this chaos, baby,
I can dance with you


So lets go dancing in the minefields
Lets go sailing in the storms
Oh lets go dancing in the minefields
And kicking down the doors
Oh lets go dancing in the minefields
And sailing in the storms
Oh this is harder than we dreamed
But I believe that's what the promise is for
That's what the promise is for

Don't let life's troubles make you forget to dance...
love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment