Background

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 10

Songs you listen to when you are...

I don't really have certain genres of music for my certain moods.  I love music (self-admittance: I was a band nerd) and truly appreciate musical talent.  I enjoy going to all types of concerts from classic rock to classical orchestra.  So instead, I'll just give you a few of my favorite genres, artists, and songs.

Jesus Music (that's what I call it.  Not Christian, not Gospel.  Jesus music--because it should all be about him.)
Artists:  Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman, Ernie Haase/Signature Sound, Francesca Battistelli, Selah, and Natalie Grant just to name a few
Songs: "Praise You in This Storm" (this is one that I listen to if things in life are really tough at the time), "Dancing in the Minefields", "In Christ Alone", "Shackles", "When I Call on Jesus"

Country (yes, I like it.)
Artists: Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, George Strait, Martina McBride, and Josh Turner 
Songs:  "When I Get Where I'm Going", "Gimmie That Girl", "She's Everything", "Down at the Twist and Shout", "Best Day", "In My Mother's Eyes", "When I Said I Do"

Mellow Coffehouse Style (I don't really know what to call it...)
Artists: Norah Jones, Jack Johnson, Adele
Songs:  All of the music by the three artists above

Cajun/Zydeco/New Orleans Jazz (it always brings me home...and I can dance with my boy)
Artists: Wayne Toups, Fats Domino, LeRoux
Songs:  "Walkin' to New Orleans", "Take My Hand", "Tupelo Honey", "Mathilda", "That Butt Thing", "New Orleans Ladies", "Blueberry Hill"

I also really like Red Hot Chili Peppers (best concert I've ever been to by the way), Incubus, Lynyrd Skynyrd, 90's music, Bon Jovi, Alanis Morissette (strange, I know), and so many more it's unreal.  And I don't mind a little rap/hip hop/pop if I'm in the mood to dance--but again, my favorites of those are from the 90's :)

So there's a little glimpse into my musical menagerie.  

love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment