Day One--A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
|It's Me :)|
1. I'm currently 8 months pregnant with our first child--a baby girl expected on Halloween, Arabella Jolie Newby :)
2. I now live in Texas due to my husband's job, but I am and will always be a Louisiana girl through and through.
3. I taught 8th grade English and GT for 3 years, and really enjoyed the teaching part. I resigned in order to be a stay-at-home mom. I don't miss the politics and the paperwork and the drama, but I do miss my kids and teaching.
|Some of my kiddos from last year on our DC trip. I'm down there in the front and in the middle. Love my kids!|
4. I love the smell of dryer exhaust.
5. I love language--reading is my absolute escape. We went to Roatan, Honduras on vacation last year--the boys went diving and snorkeling, spending most of their time in the water. Me? I spent the week in a hammock and read 5 books :) Perfection.
6. I miss marching band--call me nerdy, but I had fun. I played flute/piccolo, keyboard, and xylophone/pit.
|Our drumline--please pardon my attempt to have a serious face; I know I look like a dork. But I loved these boys (and the other girls!). I miss it.|
7. I was seventh in the third grade regional Spelling Bee. I missed the word "aloof" (I said a-l-u-f-e) and still cringe when I see that word in a book. It haunts me. The girl who got second place missed "bayou"...how do you live in Louisiana and miss the word "bayou"?! Oh, and I love watching the Scripps National Spelling Bee too.
8. I got married barefoot.
9. I married my best friend four years ago. We've been together for eight and a half years. The first time I left my house with Hunter, my dad told my mom that I just left with my future husband. Daddy knows best. Also, you know the saying "a girl marries someone who is like her father"? This proverb is true for me to a nearly creepy extent.
|People are usually intimidated by them (Hunter because of his size, My dad because he always seems so serious), but in reality, they are two of the biggest goobers I know--and love! It really is kind of scary how much alike they are though.|
10. I have very sensitive hearing...I hear almost everything. Some of my friends call me the "Russian Radar". It also came in very handy while I was teaching!
11. I am a winter bug :) I absolutely love and look forward to September-December every year! I love the holidays and weather they bring...it's just beautiful!
12. I adore my nieces and nephew and it is so hard for me to think that I will be able to love Arabella even more. Those three have a huge piece of my heart.
|Abygail, Evan, and Kailyn--I'm not kidding. They've got a huge chunk of my heart--and they know it!|
13. My brother-in-law's hip bone is the same height as my shoulder. Needless to say, I am the shrimp of the family. But I also have some of the greatest protectors I could have ever asked for. Plus, having grown up with two sisters, it's nice to finally have some brothers (most of the time!).
|You can't really tell how super tall they are in this picture, but I love those three boys (and Lindsey!). To give you a clue, Hunter and Blaine are 6'4"ish. BA is 6'10". And Lindsey is wearing 3.5" heels! But we really are great together :)|
14. My dream jobs--either to be an elementary school librarian or to open my own tutoring company. Or who knows, maybe both?!
15. I believe in Jesus as my savior and strive to live my life for him. It's amazing to know that even though I fail...often...his love is unconditional. He is truly magnificent. The past two-three years have been a journey for me as I'm learning to delve more into my relationship with Him more than my religion. It's been fabulous, and it's only going to get better!