I had never heard of the Liebster Award until I read about it on a friend's blog a few days ago.
Bloggers nominate their friends' blogs for the award, introducing blogland to even more goodies for its members to mentally munch on. What a great way to feel honored as well as discover so many new and fantastic bloggers!
My sweet friend, Brooklyn, over at Hoot Knows nominated me. So now I'm following the rules and passing on the prize.
The first criteria for being nominated is to post 11 facts about yourself. So here we go...
1. My heart and my life belong to my Jesus.
2. I have the most amazing husband and coolest daughter that I could ever dream up.
3. I'm a Louisiana Tech graduate and oh so proud to be! How Bout Them Dawgs?! I never knew how much I loved Louisiana until I had to leave it. My roots lie there always.
4. My heart is stirred by orphans and I feel deeply called to adopt (praying daily that my husband's heart opens to that vision for us!).
5. I love cold weather--mind you, when I say cold weather, I mean like 30s-40s. Anything below that, I can't handle for long.
6. I adore music. I learn lyrics and tunes easily; I miss playing instruments (and wish I had put more effort into becoming a better musician); I love to sing and often burst into song at random times during a day--if you pay attention, so many song lyrics fit your everyday life occurrences!
7. I dream of opening my own tutoring company some day.
8. I recently became an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and I absolutely love it!
9. I'm really not a pet person. We have a dog, but I'd really be ok with no pets ever...
10. Giving random gifts warms my heart--big or small, leaving someone with something they didn't expect is one of my favorite things to do!
11. I live in organized chaos. I may have a lot of stuff and it may seem a bit cluttered to the outsider, I know my system and it works well for me.
The next part of the award criteria will debut tomorrow. Stick around and check it out! Maybe you'll find yourself receiving a Liebster nomination soon :)