Background

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful:

--for our girls' class over communion last night.  The boys have been studying it for the past several weeks and will be leading the service Sunday morning to share what they've learned.  Our girls met Wednesday for a lesson on it as well as the chance to prepare the bread we'll break together as a family Sunday.  It was and will be a special time.

--that my grandmother came through surgery well today.  She had to have her right leg amputated up to the knee due to poor circulation.  The surgery went well and she's in recovery, but she still has a long road ahead, especially with her age.

--that although we're both a little bummed that our weekend together got cancelled, my mom was in town and able to go be with her mom and family today during all of this surgery business.  She's where she needs to be, and I'm thankful she lives close enough to them to do that.

--for an impromptu weekend with my BFF!  Since plans with mom got changed, I'm opting to spend a little time with my Rachel and her boys.  Some time with her usually gives me the boost I need to cure the blahs (which I've been having a bout of here lately...).

--for all of the upcoming excitement we've got going on!  These next few weeks to a month are going to be hectic and busy and crazy, but there's going to be a lot of great things that happen in the midst of all of that.

--that our congregation is banning together for our auction fundraiser this Sunday!  I'm also very thankful for all of our people who volunteered (or got volunteered!) to be auctioned off :)

--for cool weather in May.  I know it's crazy, but like I've said before, I would so much prefer the chilly lasting a little longer than our 100 degree weather (which is inevitable) getting here sooner...

--for a special day next Tuesday thanks to Hunter's dad and stepmom!  Yay for special treats!


be grateful, give thanks.

love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment