Background

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

We've had yet another busy weekend of traveling these past few days and are finally on our last leg home. But since Arabella didn't come with us on this trip, I didn't get to see or spend the day with my gift that made me a mother.

It was kind of sad to have to miss my hugs, snuggles, kisses, and knuckles on a day that's set aside to honor the non stop work and commitment that is attached to motherhood. But alas, it made me think farther outside of the box than I expected.

As I sat yesterday missing my baby in my heart, it made me realize how many hearts were hurting on a day that is mostly only seen as a joyous celebration. My heart hurt for the mamas who had to kiss their babies goodbye and defy the laws of logic by living a longer life; for the motherless who lost their mamas; for the women who ache with everything they have for their womb to be filled, but are unable to; for the moms who for whatever array of circumstances had to give their child away. My heart broke for the hurting.

See, I (Lord willing) get to have those sweet, chubby arms wrapped around my neck again later today. I get to smell her hair and hear her giggles. I get to celebrate being a mother any day I so choose. But that blessing has not been granted to everyone, and that reality hit me in a soft place yesterday.

So cheers to you, moms and motherly; this day and every day is for you. I hope yesterday was a blessing to you in some way, even if it was bittersweet.

Rejoice for those who have, and be tender for those who don't. We're all in this together.

blessings and love to you all
love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment