Background

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Teachin' and a Preachin'

Hunter and I have been teaching our youth group's class on Wednesday nights since April, and may I just say, I love it!  We have such an incredible group of kiddos to work with.  And in just the past few months, I have seen such a growth and fire in them, and it is awesome to not only witness, but also be a part of.  While we've been teaching, they have also had a few different camp sessions and these kids are taking what they're learning and running with it.  I love it.

We're also about to split the guys and girls up on Sunday mornings and teach those classes respectively as well.  These opportunities are allowing the teacher to come back out in me!!  (I'm sure they just love that since it means we do journals and activities and questions...kids like that, right?!)  

Anywho, these kids have a huge piece of my heart, and I am honored and privileged to have the chance to work with and love on them.  They're awesome!

Wednesday nights, we have been reading through the book "I Was Made to Make a Difference" by Max and Jenna Lucado.  We're really getting into the meat of it now and are having some great discussion and ideas--and we've been putting a lot of it into action!



Sunday mornings, the gents will be starting with a study of 1 Timothy and seeing where that branches out to.  Us girls will be rediscovering what beauty is since this world has done so much to distort that definition.  I'm in the process of making the curriculum and I think it's turning out pretty well.  We start this Sunday and I'm anxious to see how things go!

Please pray for us as we teach the young people--that the Holy Spirit will guide us in the words we say; that the kids' hearts and ears will be open to the message presented; that we will live an example of the love of Jesus; that as a group, we are able to make a major difference.

There's nothing like working with the next generation to light a fire for action in your soul.



love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment