Background

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

Happy 4th of July!  The depth of this date's celebrations truly hit me as I stood in Independence Hall in rooms flooded with the ghosts of our history and as I stood in the National Archives building in Washington DC and laid my eyes upon the original Declaration of Independence and Constitution.  This country has many problematic issues at hand, but there is still nowhere else I would rather call home.  I celebrate my freedoms and the men and women who sacrificed more than we could imagine to give it to us--unbelievable acts of courage that we so often take for granted.  


Enjoy your family, day off of work, and good food.  Take a little time to remember our country's beginning and focus on it's future.  

In the meantime, here's a picture of our little firecracker on her first 4th of July :)


love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment