Background

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 19

Nicknames you have and why you have them

My dad has always called me Tenue--no idea where it came from or why he calls me that.  But now it's the family tradition.  It has also been morphed into Neusky...no clue, but I answer to it!

When Mel had Aby, I didn't want to be Aunt Angie--the alliteration was a bit too much for my liking.  But I wanted something that still had something to do with my name.  So we settled on GiGi, and oh how I love hearing those sweet voices call me that!  And now that I chose that name, I know so many people who use it as well...funny how that works--when your attention is brought to something, you notice it everywhere.  It's also funny how we have all started calling each other by the names the kids call us.  Mom and Dad are now Mimi and Papa, Michelle turned into a constant Aunt Chelle, and we have Uncle Hunter and GiGi.  Even Hunter and I call each other by those nicknames when we're at home!  

And then of course I guess Ang (or Anj according to Claybird) and Angie are technically nicknames.  And Hunter's brothers call me Angaleena.  

And pretty soon I'll be mama :)

love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment