Background

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Is it Fall yet?


In this house--yes!  Anyone who knows me even a little knows that this is my favorite time of year...Fall and Winter: all the holidays, colors, decorations, weather changes, snuggly clothes, good smells and great food, school starting, football returning...what is not to love?!


I've been fooling myself this past week.  When the calendar switched over to August, that gave me full permission to burst into Fall mode.  I started that with one of my absolute favorites--burning a Leaves candle from Bath and Body Works.  That smell alone is enough to send my heart a flutter!  So a few days ago, I woke up and lit one of those babies...and immediately felt the warmth of Fall time take over my house.  My house was still holding the chill of the night (we like to sleep with it cold), the sun shining through my windows was so pretty, and that smell made everything feel happy.  I had convinced myself it was actually Fall!  And then I stepped outside...  Big mistake.  Hello 95* and 200% humidity.  Bleh.  

BUT.  I will continue burning my yummy candles and next week I plan to pumpkin-ify this house like nobody's business :)  I may even have to make some of these little morsels (I used a spice cake mix) to help me stay in my happy little fall world, away from the hot, sticky yuck that is still the reality of Southeast Texas...

Happy Fall, Y'all...almost ;)
love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment