Background

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day gifts

Usually the little gifts we give for Mother's Day are photo based.  I mean, what mama/grandma doesn't like getting precious pictures of their babies?!  Well, this year I was running behind and it snuck up on me (surprise, surprise...), so they were just going to get a little note or call.  But then the lovely ladies at UCreate posted recipes for sugar scrubs, and I knew that's what I wanted to do!


These little mixtures were so easy to whip up--and the combinations are fun and endless!  I added a little extra olive oil (especially to the ones with a white sugar base), just because it was a little too dry for my liking.  I hope they work well and smell good (watch me be remembered for giving a smelly, greasy gift :P )!

I got these little jars from Hobby Lobby along with some little wooden spoons (found them with the scrapbooking stuff).  The labels on the jar are also from good ole Hobby Lobby (on that massive sticker aisle) and I wrote on them with a chalk pen.

I then made a simple little card, punched a hole in the corner, and tied it all up with some ribbon I had on hand.


The card was a quickie, which is just what I needed for this project.  I needed it small to attach to the jar, so I sliced up a 12x12 piece of Very Vanilla into eight pieces of 3x6; folded, each piece gave me a 3x3 card.  I stamped a doily (Delicate Doilies--retired) and the sentiment (Really Good Greetings) using Calypso Coral and Early Espresso ink.  A very simple, one dimensional card, but just enough for this gift!


I liked that it was something different, something pretty, and hopefully something useful.  I hope they enjoy them!

happy crafting and happier gifting!
love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment