Top 13 of 2013
13. An excellent roadtrip to the middle of nowhere Kentucky for some dear friends of ours' wedding. That whole weekend was just phenomenal.
12. My brother-in-law and his fiancé graduating from LA Tech (and the fact that he indeed now has a fiancé)! We're so excited to have some more Bulldogs in the family :)
11. Taking a group of our youth kids to Encounter at Lubbock Christian University. That week changed us and it was a memory we will forever hold close.
10. Hunter's dad's side of the family got to be together for the first time ever this Christmas (as in ever, not just for Christmas). The five boys and all their girls and all of our kids--all 16 of us together in the same house for the first time.
9. Finally getting to go back to the Tulsa Workshop and getting to bring my boy for the first time. It was such a blessing, but the two highlighted speakers for us were Patrick Mead and Francis Chan. Plus we got to catch up with some old friends and make new ones.
8. We got a new car! We gave in in July and traded in Hunter's truck for my first mama-mobile--and we both love it (although we do miss the truck at times).
7. The birth and miracle story of sweet Maddox, our best friends' little boy.
6. Getting to see my oldest sister SO many times! Bella and I took 3 trips up her way and she came down here as well.
5. Hunter has his 10 year high school reunion...and we're
4. My first group of students to teach graduated! It was such a special moment for me to be able to cheer them on and hear of all of their accomplishments and aspirations. Just special :)
3. Being backed and supported by our church family as they helped mine and my sister's dream become a reality. We were able to host a full-fledged youth rally that is now an annual event! To God be the Glory!
2. Going to our second Saints game and this time on our actual anniversary! Hunter's brother and his fiancé came too and we had a great day--plus we beat the Texans so, yeah. WhoDat! (Hunter and I also celebrated 6 years of marriage and 10 years of togetherness this year...fabulous).
1. Every single second spent with these precious gifts...
We are excited for 2014 and all of the possibilities each new year offers! Our prayer and goal is to continue to grow in focus, courage, and faith in our walk with our Jesus. Best wishes and blessings to you and yours!
happy new year,