Background

Sunday, October 21, 2012

a sweet friend

So I must have a thing for finding best friends in Science teachers.  My first year and a half of teaching, I bonded instantly with my dear friend Shellye, the Science teacher on my team.  She resigned from education the year before I did to pursue more ministry and now mamahood, but we still remain close friends.

Her replacement became my new best school buddy and all around dear friend.  Brooke moved into the classroom next door to mine (complete with a separate closet entry so we could keep each other in the know and be sly about it...:)  Anywho, with us, it also took very little time to connect.  We only got to work together for one school year before I resigned, but we also crafted together and stayed in touch.  I just love her so.

Well about a week and a half ago, Brooke and her husband got the incredible opportunity to make the move to Colorado.  I knew that this was going to happen soon, but I figured if she found a teaching job mid-year, I would at least have until Christmas.  Instead, she found a wonderful school with exactly the job she wanted who needed her immediately.  So off she goes...

She is such a special person.  I'm not just saying this because I like her, she is truly one of the best teachers I have ever been able to witness in action--she teaches the content in a fun way that helps the kids remember and engage; she gets to know the kids and treats them with love and respect; her classroom management is excellent, as well as her organization and preparedness; she always strives for greatness.  She also gets crafty with me, which is a trait I always love.  She has listened to, advised, and supported me through some tricky and difficult times, and celebrated with me through some fun times.  She has a solid head on her shoulders and both feet on the ground, and around her, I can just be me.  

I love her and will miss her dearly, but Colorado is lucky to get her!  Afterall, I'm not losing a friend; just gaining a vacation spot :)






 You rock my socks, Fergie!  
 love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment