Background

Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 22

What makes you different from everyone else?
  • I am a self-proclaimed goody two shoes and proud of it.  
  • I love to read and write--when it's something of my choosing.  
  • I love teaching, any subject matter to any age person (even those hormonal teenagers).  
  • I've only been in love once; I fell in love at 16 and married him--and I don't ever plan on letting him go.  
  • I love word and trivia games; I'm the nerd who DVRs "Wheel of Fortune" and "Jeopardy".
  • I'd rather be alone or with a small group of close friends than out with the party crowd.  
  • I have always enjoyed the company of people who are older than I am--sometimes quite a bit older.  We went to Alaska with my parents and two couples a little older than them, and we loved their company and sharing in their wisdom.
  • I am usually right.  I know that sounds haughty, but if I'm willing to argue my point, I really am usually right.  Just ask my family.
  • I have exceptional hearing and I can listen to multiple conversations at the same time.  Nice skill for teaching and motherhood.
  • I'm just plain weird, and I'm well aware of it.    
Most importantly, I am a God-fearing, Jesus-loving, born again believer, and I was made uniquely in His image.

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."  
--1 Peter 2:9

"Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.  Instead, fix your attention on God.  You'll be changed from the inside out.  Readily recognize what He wants from you, and quickly respond to it.  Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you."
--Romans 12:2

"For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.  Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them:  if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness."
--Romans 12:4-8

"For by grace you have been saved through faith.  And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."
Ephesians 2:8-10

Why do you try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?

love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment