Background

Friday, August 26, 2011

Dancin' With Angels

As I mentioned in a post earlier this week, last week held a lot of sorrow in death for some of our close friends and family.  

My grandmother's husband was in his upper 80's.  He lived a full life--was a strong leader in his congregation, continued working for the same company until he simply physically could no long, celebrated with children and grandchildren.  His body shut down slowly, giving the family time to loosen the earthly bonds and say goodbye.  He died peacefully last Wednesday.


Mr. Billy Cryer also lived a full life into his 80s.  He too was a strong leader in his congregation and celebrated a wonderful family.  I did not know him that well personally, but he and his family were close friends of Hunter's family.  His death came suddenly and without warning last Thursday.

Baby Declan Carroll was only four months old when Jesus called him home last Saturday.  His dad's family grew up in Sulphur and attended the same congregation that Hunter and I did.  They are a very precious family, and witnessing them bear this burden has proven that to me even moreso.  Last Monday, they found Declan in bed blue and not breathing.  He was immediately rushed to Children's Mercy hospital in Kansas City, but the chain of events that would cease his life here had already begun.  The true miracle is that Declan fought.  His abrupt, four-month life became a testimony for his family to use to bring others to the love and grace of Jesus--and that is exactly what they are doing.  Their strength and peace that the Lord has provided them is astounding.  They walk in true faith--knowing and believing that God could have saved their son, but also fully understanding that their wish was not what God had planned and that His plans are so much greater than their own could ever be. 


When my grandparents passed away, my sister and I each chose a song to play at each of their funerals.  For my grandmother's, my oldest sister Michelle chose the song "Dancin' With Angels" by Shauna Chanda.  I had never heard it before, but it provided such comfort.  As I've witnessed and prayed over the struggles of these three families this past week, that song came back to my mind.  It's extremely hard when we are the ones chosen to stay on Earth after losing someone so dear to us--but we can rest in knowing that they are dancing and laughing in Heaven...and soon we will be too.

"Twinkle, twinkle little star, used to say you seemed so far.
He carried with him all my heart, at least now we're not so far apart.

Cause he's dancin' with angels, high on cloud nine
Laughin' with Jesus, havin' a good time.
Runnin' through Heaven, what a joy simply divine.
Cause he's dancin' with angels, everything's gonna be fine.

With your gentle spirit, heart, and soul, you treasured me, never let me go.
But this one thing I gotta let you know, I can't wait to dance with you on streets of gold.

Together dancin' with angels, high on cloud nine
Laughin' with Jesus, havin' a good time.
Runnin' through Heaven, what a joy simply divine.
Cause he's dancin' with angels, now everything's gonna be fine.

Oh, how I wish I was holdin' you close to me,
So I could feel you cuddle me tight.
Till my someday becomes my reality.
I'll be dreaming of you, I'll be dreaming of you
Every day, every night.

Till we're dancin' with angels, high on cloud nine
Laughin' with Jesus, havin' a good time.
Runnin' through Heaven, what a joy simply divine.
Cause he's dancin' with angels, everything's gonna be fine.
Everything's gonna be fine."

what a day that will be...

love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment