Background

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I missed last week's Thankful because I was traveling, so now I have two weeks of thankful expressions for you!

Today I'm thankful:

--that one of our guys in our youth group put on the blood of Christ in baptism last Sunday!  He is a very special young man to Hunter and I, and that decision was such a blessing.  We are so proud of him and excited to make this journey with him.

--for mine and AJ's long weekend trip to Branson!  We flew up Thursday to spend a few days with my sister in that fun little town (thank you Southwest for uber cheap tickets)!  We had a really fun time, and that trip will get its own full post soon.

--that we are having a ladies' retreat this weekend.  I am so ready for some time away with the girls (and quite honestly, I'm needing a little break from mommy duties...not a long one, but a break).  It's going to be a great time in the Word and in the woods. Mmm.

--for the birth of sweet little Jaxson!  A dear friend of mine {whom I've mentioned on here before}, after years of struggles, prayer, and faith, was blessed with her miracle this week.  It's just a beautiful story.

--for my monthly Stampin' ladies.  They're my form of therapy :)

--for Dove (the company).  I am so grateful that they have taken a stand to push natural beauty as opposed to what society pushes.  Their ad that has been circulating is extremely powerful--girls and women of all ages need to watch it and take its message to heart.  Boys and men who struggle with self worth and beauty need to do the same.


--for my best friend, Rachel.  I've been missing her pretty bad here lately.  She seems to make my days a little better and I just love her.  I need to see her face soon...

--that there are still decent cartoons that teach values and necessities, but don't drive me crazy {i.e. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse--my tot loves her mouse!}.

--that my boy was safe after a fire at the refinery yesterday.  It was a brutal reminder to me of the danger that my boy and my dad walk into every day.  I am so thankful for their safety each day it is gifted.

--for hope.  In the middle of the massive tragedies that have hit our country this week, hope arises.  It can be witnessed as people reach out to one another; as people pray mightily; as our nation comes together.  Our heart aches for the people in Boston, MA and West, TX and for the families affected by those fears, injuries, and losses.  Our prayers for peace, healing, strength, and hope are covering them.


be grateful, give thanks.

love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment