Background

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I now pronounce you Husband and Wife


I have a husband.  Some days that thought still blows my mind a little.  I mean, I'm still just a kid, right?

Part of the reason I feel that way is probably because I was just a kid when we got married.  There, I said it.  We were young.  But do I regret it?  Not in the slightest.  Do I think it was the right decision for us?  Without a doubt.

Hunter is the only real boyfriend I've ever had (you know, besides those elementary school ones...).  He's the only person I've ever kissed.  He's the only person I've ever fully trusted with my heart.  

Five years ago, we publicly promised our lives to each other.  Not just in the happy times, but in the hard times.  Not just when we feel good, but when life just plain sucks.  Not to like each other all the time, but to love each through it all.  To take care of each other; to be honest with and trust each other; to tough it out; to beat the odds; to stay together and love each other until death separates us.

We had already been together for over four years by the time we got married.  All of these years together with him have been incredible.  We have traveled to amazing places including Alaska and Roatan; we have gone on two mission trips to Honduras, once dating and once married; we have mourned together the losses of family members and close friends; we have been supported our friends through their weddings and their babies; we have both graduated High School and college; we have moved and bought a house; we both began our careers; we have had a beautiful and perfect daughter; we have walked with each other through the dark times divorce brings, both of family and close friends; we have and continue to work for the Lord's kingdom, particularly the youth group; we've taken care of each other through sicknesses and surgeries; we have been through two major hurricanes hitting our town; we have made each other giggle so much we cried innumerable times; we have grown up together and grown together; we have made our years count.

I guess we're not technically newlyweds anymore.  Is 5 years the milestone that makes you an old married couple?  I feel like it's a milestone of some sort.   

Hunter Paul, you are my absolute favorite.  You make my heart smile.  Thank you for protecting me, for making me a wife and mama, for believing in and standing up for me, for loving me in spite of (of maybe because of!) my quirks.  These past five years--FIVE years!--have flown by.  You'll always be my boyfriend.  

It's me and you, babe.  Forever.

His Senior Prom--I was a sophomore (which he asked me to on our first "date"--a week and a half before the dance...).  2003

The night of my 16th birthday party (also the night he kissed me for the first time :))

My Junior Homecoming.  2003

Our first Christmas together.  2003

My Junior Prom.  2004
My sister's wedding (about a week after the one above this...notice the hair...I was so ticked at the time...).  2004

Our second Christmas.  2004

My Senior Prom.  2005

LA Tech Bulldogs!  First football game, 2005

Honduras Mission Trip.  2006

My 19th birthday.  2006





He proposed...

and I said yes...  2006.

So we got married...  August 25, 2007

2007
Thanksgiving 2008

LTC 2009

Alaska 2009

and then there were three...  2011




 We couldn't be happier.  Loving life and loving each other.  Just Dancin' Through the Minefields...



love, angie


I guess we're not technically newlyweds anymore.  Is 5 years the milestone that makes you an old married couple?  I feel like it's a milestone of some sort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment