Background

Friday, June 17, 2011

Ignorance is bliss

Fosh--the unpredictable one.
Clay--the adventure seeker.
Hunter--the special one.
So around December or January, Hunter got the brilliant idea to take a trip with his two best buddies from college, Clay and Fosh.  Originally they were going to drive to Canada and back, finding whatever interesting activities they could along the way.  As the planning continued, however, that trip morphed in to a six day, unsupervised Mancation in the woods of Tennessee--camping, white water rafting, canoeing, minimal hygiene.  Ya know, Bear Grylls style.  Now, to most of you, this may seem like a nice little outing of friends; harmless, right?  However, to those of you who know these three boys as well as I do and have seen them together in action, you will probably agree with me when I say that for this trip, ignorance is bliss.  These are three boys who built a potato gun and shot them over the interstate (complete with glo sticks so they could watch their little spuds in action); boys who stole traffic cones and blocked off one of the most student-populated subdivisions in Ruston, and spied on the victims for kicks; boys who have absolutely no shame, fear, or reservations--especially when their women are not there to make them behave!  Their actions are unpredictable and their stories are unforgettable (although they don't share all of them...).  I love all three of them dearly (of course, I'm a little partial to Hunter, but ya know), and I have no doubt this will be a trip they talk about for years to come.  However, all I'm able to do as I sit at home is wonder what kind of trouble they're causing.  And to be honest, I'm kind of wishing I was with them :)










Lord help the people of Tennessee!

No comments:

Post a Comment