1. I wore some grey linen pants yesterday and they just felt funny. Something didn't fit right, but I couldn't tell what was different about them from my other linen pants I wear pretty often. Until I took them off last night and saw "maternity" on the tag. That'll do it.
2. I'm going to the Air1 Positive Hits concert next Sunday night, and I'm pretty pumped! Our group will be comprised of an 18, 19, 20, 21, and 28 year old. I cannot guarantee that I will not pretend to be 22. Or 17. I mean that kind of pattern just needs to be continued. No need to be an outlier.
3. I just did a cartwheel for the first time in probably 12 years. I was strangely terrified, but I nailed it. And impressed my 30 year old and 3 year old. Boom.
4. We're starting the book club next Tuesday on Jen Hatmaker's newest book For the Love. I read it in just a few days as soon as I got it, and I am so looking forward to giggling and learning life together with my girls in the comfort of my pjs. And Jen is my BFF (even though she isn't completely aware of that and we've only met briefly)...so spending four weeks with her (one night a week via live streaming, but who needs specifics) is making my heart flutter.
--if you live near me and want to join in on this, please let me know! You are so very welcomed to join us...laid back and simply good--
5. My wee babe is teething mega bad. He's cranky--mind you, his version of cranky is still more pleasant than a lot of babies' norm, so I'll take it no problem--and his poor gums are so freakin' swollen. Four molars at the same time. Bless his beautiful heart.
6. Hunter slept in Bella's room Friday night (so they both went to bed at 9:30) and then they went out on the boat all day long Saturday. What did I decide was the best way to spend all of this "free" time? Watch approximately (or exactly) 14 episodes of Grey's Anatomy. And 4 more today. Lovely.
7. I finally got a meal plan done again and I feel so incredibly accomplished. We are eating good home-cookin' for the next three weeks for sure, and the brain power that goes into deciding what to cook was spent ahead of time. What a glorious tone that sets for my evening!
8. The amount of times I have to say "no" during the day in some form or fashion is just enough to make my eyes twitch.
"No sir, don't open the entertainment center cabinets."
"Bella, do not drag your brother across the floor."
"Kaplan, do not put _________ in your mouth." (inserts electrical cord, grass, old food, dog food, etc...because he puts everything in his mouth.)
"No you may not have candy for breakfast."
"No sir. Don't bite."
"Bella, quit laying on your brother."
and it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on............
9. I have been in a major purging mood since we found out we will be in this house for a few more years. And now that I have time to do it, things are leaving this house left and right. And we're rearranging to make it feel fresh and more workable for us. Absolutely love it.
10. I've been completely fine without cable for the past three months. But now my shows are all about to start back up and I'm getting the twitters...(Grey's Anatomy, The Blacklist, Fixer Upper, Dancing With the Stars). Not to mention football season. Oy. Deep breaths.
11. We were able to go to Austin and Kemah and Branson and Kansas City (twice) and St. Louis within a month's time. Such a blast to travel to so many places with all different combinations of people and make memories like nobody's business. But also so good to have some down time at home these next few weeks.
12. The "threenager" phase is about to be the death of someone in this family. The arguing and whining and melting down and sassing and crying and shouting and fighting and deliberately disobeying (definitely feel like Mufasa every time I bust out that line) is just enough to drive me to the brink of insanity. And then she smiles. Or snuggles in sweet. Or kisses me without being asked. Or tells me she loves me. And I melt. Thank God for those moments. And for wine.
To quote Glennon, because I love this term so much..."life is brutiful."