Background

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Dear Arabella,

SIX?!  How on earth are you already such a big kid?


You, little girl, are simply stunning. Your daddy and I are constantly amazed every time we look at you.



We are also constantly amazed by how smart you are!  You have always had a memory that just blows us away. You've also gotten pretty good at solving problems ("oh, I've got a great idea!") and love to ask questions (please don't ever lose that trait). 



We had some milestones happen this year too--you got another brother, you got your ears pierced, and you got a new house!  One of the biggest things that happened for you this year is to start school!  You have been ecstatic to go to Kindergarten all year (and really been asking to go to school since you were three).  You were a little late to start because of Hurricane Harvey--he delayed school starting by a month...  But once you finally got there, it did not disappoint!  Getting up in the morning has been (and still is) a hard transition, but you love school and you have already learned so much.  My new favorite part of the day is when you jump off the school bus and literally run to me...melts me every time!



Daddy is still your best and favorite teacher.  There is very little that I love more than watching him teach you what he knows--and you eat up every word.  You are an amazing little fisherwoman.  Seriously, your cast is impressive.  You will stay out on that boat with him from sun up to sun down if he takes you.  And you absolutely love the camp.  A little while back, you told me to guess your favorite place you've visited.  I'm thinking of vacations, so I said "Disneyland"..."nope, but I do love it there!"..."Branson?"..."nope, but I love it there too!"..."Great Wolf Lodge?"..."no, but that is one of my favorites"..."ok, baby, I don't know then"..."THE CAMP!  The camp is my favorite place to go, mom!"  Talk about make your daddy beam!





You also played Tball for the first time this year!  We gave up gymnastics for it--you weren't happy about that at first, but you really loved playing ball.  You were on the Rangers and your coaches were Coach Mike and Coach Tiffiny--they were so great and you made a lot of friends!  Watching you play was about the most precious thing ever.  You were always so focused and so precise, making sure you were in the exact spot coach told you to be...  Pitcher was your favorite position and of course you loved to hit!  Daddy helped on the field and at your practices which made these memories even more special. We were so proud of you!






Arts and Crafts...holy moly, that has been taken to a new level this year.  You've always loved to draw and color, but this year we added scissors and tape and glue to the mix.  You will literally sit and craft for hours on end (just like your mama!).


You have become pretty feisty and super sassy...Lord help me!  Most days it drives me absolutely crazy.  But other times I let myself sit and think about how much of an independent young woman you will be one day and how many glass ceilings you may help break...



You are still so very musical.  You still love TobyMac and For King and Country and pretty much any song that comes on Air1, you know all the words.  Lions, In The Eye of the Storm, Til the Day I Die, and God is on the Move are some of your favorites right now.  You almost always request Amazing Grace at bedtime.  Hearing you sing these songs to and about Jesus is incredibly beautiful!  You have also really started making up your own songs.  You love to grab something and pretend it's a microphone while you belt out your creations over and over.



You are a great big sister and your brothers both absolutely adore you.  No one can make them giggle quite like you can.  As a big sister should, you annoy the bejeezus out of them...but you are also so caring and tender and literally can't get enough.  You help them and teach them and sincerely love them. The three of you together (or in any combination) is my absolute favorite.  Sometimes, I just don't know how much my heart can take...and then somehow, my love grows just enough to handle it.  It really is a miracle.





You still love to catch lizards and frogs and turtles.  You love to go fast and ride roller coasters and go down water slides and drive the boat and climb trees and try new things.  My brave little wonder woman!  Fear very rarely keeps you from trying something new, and I am so proud of that in you.  Fear stopped me from doing a lot as a kid (and still does sometimes as an adult...).  I am so grateful that you already try not to let that get in your way...




I am so excited and anxious to see how much more you grow and learn and change this year.  Your daddy and I are whole-heartedly obsessed with who you are and always will be.  Keep enjoying life and finding giggles every single day.  Arabella, you are our treasured gift, and I promise that we will always love you more than you will ever know.









Happy birthday, my love!  xoxo, mama


No comments:

Post a Comment