Background

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Gratitude can transform ordinary days into Thanksgivings...


Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!  I hope today is centered around gratitude for you--both in the joys and the struggles, the highs and the lows, the big and the small.  I hope that in whatever plot mark life has you in right now, that you are ale to see through eyes of gratitude.  Those lenses will change Thanksgiving from the last Thursday in November to a constant state of being,  And that will bring more peace and joy to you than you could ever dream.

A small list of things I'm grateful for today, in my right now:

--my husband.  I could not have ever dreamed that I would find my match at 15 years old.  Or that I would snag him and he, me, so quickly and completely.  He is my other and often better half.  He works harder than any other person I know.  He serves, protects, and provides.  His heart is passionate and his brain is eager.  He loves fully and fiercely.  He is tender-hearted and hard-headed.  He has blown me away as a daddy.  I could not ask for anything more in a husband and I will forever be grateful for everything he is to my life.

--my children.  They are the most beautiful creatures I have ever laid my eyes on and they hold my heart.  They have taught me that I am stronger than I ever imagined I could be.  They have taught me how to be extremely patient and how to love so much it literally hurts.  They have shown me what absolute joy and innocence are.  They have made me worry and fear more than anything else in my life before; yet they have also made me happier and more carefree than anything else.  They amaze me every single day, and I still struggle to understand how I was chosen to be their mama.  They are my best gifts and I am beyond grateful for that grace.

--my Hunter's job.  I absolutely cannot stand the hours he's working and the stress he's under and how much of him they've stolen from me and our kids this year.  But.  It is a very good job that supports our family very well; and it is a job he is very good at and usually loves.  So, while I don't like it right now, I am extremely grateful for it.

--our families.  Since Hunter and I started dating so young, our families really aren't "in-laws" to us...each other's families helped raise us; each other's siblings are like our own; a lot of each other's family memories include the other...  The upbringings we had and the love we live in is just incredible.  We owe so much to our families, and we are so very grateful for each and every member.

--my two best friends, Rachel and Dajuanna.  Rachel's birthday is today and Dajuanna's is Sunday--and I just find it so fitting that these two beauties share "their day" with a time of year centered around giving thanks.  These girls are my rocks, my advisors, my people.  They are my go to for my biggest excitement and my deepest heartbreak.  They've seen me at my worst and completely loved me through it.  They know me better than almost anyone else, including myself.   They've both shown me precious glimpses of Jesus, and there is not a single day that goes by that I am not utterly grateful for each of their friendship.

--our church family.  We have been loved so well and so fully by our home congregation here.  They have served as a safe place of embrace as Hunter and I establish our own faith walk as a married couple and young family.  They love our children as they own (my kids have SO many "aunts/uncles" and "grandparents" there) and are helping us raise them to know and love Jesus.  Our youth group has completely stolen our hearts and our passion...serving alongside those teens and being allowed to witness their growth is truly one of the most incredible things we've been able to do.  We are so grateful for the experiences we've had, the lessons we've learned, and the people we've loved there.

--our home, laughter, music, crafting supplies, creativity, good books, second (and third, fourth, and fifth) chances, hope, family pictures, Colic Calm (miracle medicine...seriously), blog world, Cajun food and my beautiful home state of Louisiana, memories, chocolate chip peppermint shakes from Chick-Fil-A, education and learning, chilly weather, football,  soft pillows, road trips and vacations, movies, love stories, Pinterest and Facebook, my stamp club, giving gifts, secrets, bubble baths, Sonic ice, tears, childish giggles, fans, Shutterfly books (love/hate relationship...but the love usually wins out), good kisses and warm hugs, big fuzzy blankets, sleep, each and every one of you...

And none of this gratitude or joy or hope or peace would be full in my heart without the promise of freedom provided by the blood of Jesus.  His perfect love is the lens I pray my heart to use.  That I will be able to see every person, opportunity, and even struggle as a chance to rejoice and offer thanks.

Find the good in every day.  Be grateful every day.  And allow every day to become Thanksgiving.


But for the sake of today and the holiday, I hope you get to get your grub on surrounded by your best people :)

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!
love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment