Background

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

what was I thinking?

So remember that baby shower we had a week or so ago?  And you know how we got all kinds of great stuff?!  Well, with all that cool stuff comes the necessary evil of thank you notes.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I love the idea of thank you notes--it's as close as you can get to showing your true appreciation without making house calls to each of your givers.  But...let's be honest.  Who enjoys writing them?!

It's just such a daunting task when there are so many to write.  And to make my life a little more interesting and my task a little more daunting, I decided to make my own.  That's right.  From scratch.  Making every little thank you note.  And then having to write them.  What was I thinking?!

I started the process yesterday--and this is actually the worst part, the cutting and punching and measuring.  I'm hoping it will get to be a little more enjoyable once I start assembling them.  They are nothing exquisite or else I really might lose my mind.

My little workspace, perched in front of the TV--because that's not distracting at all :)   This is as far as I've gotten...The cards are cut, but I still have a lot of brown circles to cut out, and so many of those little lacy strips!  Must.finish.them.

As you might remember from some of my earlier posts, I'm in a stamping club that meets once a month to create something fabulous (and just have a little much needed girl time!).  Well last year we got the brilliant idea to get together and make all of our Christmas cards--which was a great idea because crafting is so much more fun when you're doing it with friends!  So I thought this process of making my thank you cards would be just as fun...But as I sit on my living room floor alone--achy body not helping--it's just so easy to get distracted and take way too many breaks!

But---I shall finish constructing these cards this week!  I have a lovely trip to Ruston and back this weekend that will allow me plenty of car time to get them all written.  And my main motivation:

Once I get these made, the fall decor is coming out to play!  And that truly is fabulous :)

love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment